Our fast-paced company is seeking a passionate, responsible, enthusiastic and "hands-on" cropping managers to work closely with the Regional Manager and other relevant management personnel in either our Coleambally NSW or Dimbulah FNQ location. Packages starting at $50,000 will be negotiated with the right applicants.
This challenging role requires outstanding communication skills and a flexible approach to manage a wide range of tasks relating to a diverse and dynamic business, where there is reward for high achievement. Applicants are expected to have a relevant tertiary qualification or at least 5 years experience.
As Crop Manager you would be responsible for specialising in one or more of our crops from ground preparation through to produce dispatch. As a team leader you will be mentored by the Regional Manager to assist with the day to day running while keeping a close eye on efficiency, effectiveness of decisions and work carried out by other staff. Confidence and decisiveness will be an asset as you will be required to make quick decisions at a moment’s notice.
This position may require training on the job and external training as required. There is potential for growth within the company as crop volumes or crops types increase.
- Manage crop to dispatch logistics.
- Plan cropping programs to achieve required yields for marketing program.
- Liaise with the Sales Manager regarding required produce specifications.
- Select, train and supervise contractors, harvest and packing staff
- Organise multi-lingual field labour and cropping activities to optimise crop production cycles.
- Liaise with professional consultants to maintain optimal crop health.
- Inspect crops to determine optimal crop maturity for harvest and potential yields.
- Design and Implement irrigation layouts and manage watering for optimal crop growth.
- Maintain farm structures, equipment and irrigation systems.
- Participate in or lead Research and Development activities.
- Comply with certification requirements (Organic, Food Safety, Workplace Safety).
- Contribute to planning activities and the budget development process.
- Maintain a current Chem-Cert accreditation and Forklift/Truck licences.
- Work with some of the best organic producers in Australia
- Be part of an exciting growth period
- Career path development
- 9.5% pa Superannuation
- Vehicle available for work purpose
- Mobile phone for work purpose
Ideally you will be an adaptable and focused team player who is patient, resilient having good problem solving skills and having the ability to monitor activities in a dynamic and progressive farming business spread over multiple locations. Commitment to the future along with your ability to manage daily issues and support the team, will determine your level of success.
If this sounds like you please send us your application detailing your experience, we’d love to hear from you.